I could walk past the bakery, and suddenly feel peckish…
Even though I’ve just eaten…
Now, before I go into asking you a few questions which I’ve used with many other ladies to help them create THEIR plan to overcome this ‘eating when you’re not hungry’ habit…
Here’s a few things to consider
1. Have you drank enough water today?
2. Feel stressed / tired / procrastinating about something? Are you eating to get a false high? Dopamine / feel good hit? Procrastinate?
3. Have you eaten enough protein? <<< we know this keeps you more full up (eggs, lean meats, fish, beans, yoghurts are great for this)
4. Have you eaten many vegetables today? Try 5 different veggies a day and see how it changes your plate
5. When was the last time you did something FUN for you?
6. Not hungry but still have an urge to eat? Notice how long the urge lasts for…do you know how long it lasts for?🤔
Anyway, now the cliche points are out of the way
(which are all possible strategies to help you overcome this…)
It’s time to get to the bottom of this to help you think differently about comfort eating / eating when you’re not hungry…
So grab a pen and paper and get ready to make some notes.
If you choose to do this, I can guarantee you’ll get a bit of clarity of what you need to do…
1. Why do you eat when you’re not hungry?
(example: I’m usually tired, need a pick me up, on the go, stressed)
2. What is this telling you to do?
(example: go to bed earlier. Relax. Do something fun. Slow down. Make more time for me…)
3. How do you feel a few hours after you have eaten when you’re not hungry ?
(example: I ask myself ‘why did I do this?’, beat myself up, go into F it mode, exhausted and frustrated)
4. How do you want to feel?
(example: empowered, to be in control, not to have to think about food all day, feel guilty for eating foods I love, being able to stop at one, fit, healthy, have more energy)
5. What are you willing to do about it and when?
(example: put a book I enjoy reading on my pillow to help me get to bed earlier to read for 10 minutes before bed for some ‘me’ time)
Of course, this is just one example..
But have a go at the 5 questions.
What did you discover?
Matt ‘hungry?’ Fruci
PS. You can grab a free copy of my book HERE
PPS. Watch How Cassie From Wiltshire Went From Mobility Scooter To Running Her First 5k & Fitting Back In Her Favourite Clothes Without Long, Boring Workouts Or Giving Up Her Favourite Foods >> CLICK HERE TO WATCH