"Matt, I'm always sharing what I eat with you but what do you eat?"
Great question from a new client...
So I'm going to share yesterdays full day of eating just to give you some insight...
In the words of Louis Van Gaal...here are 3 things that underpin my eating PHILOSOPHY:
- My food choices change daily based on what's in the fridge / whether the wife has done a shop and realised her eyes are bigger than her belly meaning I need to a whole lot of food otherwise it will go off...
- I eat to fit my lifestyle...meaning if I'm out and about I may eat 2-3 meals whereas If I have more time I may have 4 or 5...the AMOUNT of protein, carbs and fats stays pretty consistent however
- YOU don't need to starve yourself / restrict the things YOU LOVE...like curry!!
So here we go, Wednesdays food intake:
6am WAKE: Decaf coffee, black. Pint of water.
7am Meal 1: 5 whole egg omelette with red onion, spinach and red peppers. 1 apple, sliced, with peanut butter on top. Glass of water. Hot chocolate.
Roughly: 25g carbs, 35g fat, 35g protein
----- LOTS OF WATER and DECAF COFFEE -----
2pm Meal 2: 125 g of beef (precooked and a good source of iron...just like your pint of Guinness for Paddys day...) with white rice (yes, not brown...I'm still alive), peas and chopped spring greens. Topped with paprika, pepper, and tomato salsa. Pint of water.
Roughly: 70g carbs, 17g fat, 49g protein
6pm Meal 3: 3 pancakes made the night before and eaten on-the-go. Here's the recipe:
- 70 g Gram (chickpea) flour (you can use any type)
- 1tsp baking powder
- Drop of apple cider vinegar
- 70 ml almond milk (dairy milk is fine)
- 1 whole egg
- 1 scoop of chocolate whey protein powder
Blend all of the above.
Then I fried using 1kcal fry spray and topped with 1 banana, raisins, cinnamon, and blueberries. I also emptied one sachet of Truvia and some cocoa powder on top of the pancakes
Roughly: Carbs 120g, Fat 9g, Protein 35g
8pm Meal 4: Salmon, homemade white potato chips cooked in butter
Roughly: Carbs 60g, Fat 15g, Protein 30g
10pm Meal 5: Rice pudding with 1 scoop of banana flavoured whey protein mixed in
Roughly: Carbs 130g, Fat 15g, Protein 40g
TOTAL for the day: 405g carbs, 91g fat, 189g protein = 3195 calories
^^^ I was actually a little low in carbs yesterday. Not a problem though as today I won't be home from working until about 10pm...when I'll be STARVING. So those carbs saved from yesterday will come in handy.
MORAL OF THE STORY>>>
Eat to fit your lifestyle.
I don't believe in any magic foods, I simply just eat what and when I like to give ratios of nutrients. Most of my foods come from whole sources as they tend to satisfy my hunger and give me more energy so I can be more productive with my day and workouts...so I get better results!
that doesn't mean curry, red wine or jelly babies aren't ever eaten...or as it's St Paddys day...a Guinness to get that iron in right?