And it all starts again.
The good news?
A nutritious, simple, FILLING and satisfying sweet potato and carrot cake recipe (as tried last night)...
With leftovers for my breakfast this morning (saving time already...)
Ingredients (serves 3):
For the batter:
* 300 g sweet potato
* 1 medium carrot
* 1/2 tsp sodium bicarbonate
* 2 tbsp gram flour (gluten free flour, but any will do)
* 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
* Some cinnamon
* 2 scoops of flavoured whey protein powder (I used banana)
* 2 eggs
* 1kcal fry spray / coconut oil / butter for cooking
For the "icing":
* 100 g of Greek or natural yogurt
* Cinnamon and cocoa powder
1) Chop and boil the sweet potato and carrot until soft
2) Once cool, blend all the batter ingredients in a blender and pre heat the oven to 170C
3) Oil a loaf / brownie tin and pour in mixture
4) Cook for about 25 mins at 170C
5) Meanwhile, mix the 'icing' ingredients in a separate bowl.
6) Take the cake out of the oven and leave to cool
7) Once cool, add the icing on top, cut diagonally and place on top of each other!
Top with some berries!!
Per serving, that's:
Protein: 23 g
Carbs: 36 g
Fat: 9 g
And 2 (maybe 3) of your 5 a day!
Plus, you got something filling that you can snack on and keep for on-the-go the next day to help you get through the week ahead!
Give it a try and let me know how you get on!
PS. I've got a quick and easy high protein cookie recipe too, which I'll share soon!