A few came up last week, one being:
“I’m always bloated even when I am eating ‘healthy’”
And this is something that can have huge impact on the quality of your life..
Bloating, flatulence, urges to go to the loo etc.
These are all life changing that can stop you doing what you want to do but also from absorbing nutrients you need to have more energy.
Well, just make you feel at ease about this sensitive topic…
I’ll say now that for the first 20 odd years of my life?
I’d have to go for a poop (pretty urgently) after eating…
So, I guess you could say
I really am full of 💩…
But anyway, here’s a few things you can do to help (and a little trick to help with lactose intolerance):
1) Avoid spicy food – This can speedy up how quickly foods goes through you…
2) Limit caffeine – Can increase stress hormone, leading to gut issues…
3) Chew MORE – Sounds simple, but when comparing those who chewed their food 10 times compared to 40 times, chewing only 10 times led to increased malabsorption with can irritate the gut due to size of the food from malabsorption.
4) Drink more fluids – If you have eaten more fibre or had a large meal…drinking more water can help, especially if you feel bloated / blocked.
5) Only eat whilst sat down – you will be more present, you may eat slower and avoid high volumes of eating
6) Try meditation or yoga – in fact, yoga was shown to be just as effective at reducing symptoms of Irritable bowel syndrome as a diet low in fermentable foods (like beans, wholegrains, brown foods, cereals)
7) Take this 5 day test– this might seem contradictory to what you normally are told..
That is to limit fermentable fibre in your diet…
(THIS EXPLAINS WHY EATING SOME ‘HEALTHY’ FOODS MAY TRIGGER YOUR BLOATING / IBS)
Such as beans, potatoes, brown foods / wholegrains, cereals etc.
I go into detail on this with UK Registered Dietitian, Mike Sweeney in this podcast episode here:
(He’s helped thousands of people with digestive issues with his clinics in the NHS)
If on iPhone, https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/ibs-bloating-gut-health-registered-uk-dietitian-mike/id1469685325?i=1000447525663
If on Android, https://open.spotify.com/episode/0xuJrfToajmkqhapSRiZ2t
I will say that sometimes IBS / bloating can occur from simply a high volume of food in one sitting.
Maybe you eat too many ‘free foods’ and not enough water?
Maybe someone buys you a load of purple Quality Street (guilty haha)..
So I guess once again..
It is coming back down to doing the simple things..
And doing those simple things very well, consistently.
Just like we do inside our 28 Day Kickstart Programme
Specifically, for Wiltshire ladies 40+ who want to drop a few lbs, get fitter and get motivated to do the things they probably know they need to do…
If you want more details?
Reply with “28 Day” and I’ll get you the details.
Matt ‘full of 💩’ Fruci