Old work colleagues
And all my family
Have one thing in common…
They all say ‘I’m slow’
That I walk ‘slow’
^^^ Mrs Fruci defined this as a strolling holiday walk (except I just do it all of the time)
^^^ I just like to make my point clear for you
And always seem to be the last one of the door when leaving the house
^^^ the infamous time at the in-laws when we were all heading out. The family are all in the car. The father-in-law walks back into the house to see me making an omelette <<< I had no idea everyone was in the car waiting for me (but I sure looked like a bit of a [insert here].
I’m living up to this trait of being ‘slow’
^^^ Soon ripe, soon rotten, I say 😉
With a gluten-free, nutritious, filling and Fruci Family – approved (which is saying something) cake
That you can just leave cooking whilst doing your jobs and being out and about
Because you just bang it in the crock-pot / slow cooker and let it do it’s thing.
So here you go:
Ingredients (serves 16-18):
* 120 ml of cream (single or double works…single will reduce calories even more)
* 50g of melted butter
* 50g of melted coconut oil
* 1 kcal fry spray
* 250g ground almonds (you could swap 50g of this for coconut flour)
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1 tsp sodium bicarbonate
* 4 eggs
* 60g cookies and cream whey protein powder (chocolate or vanilla will do)
* 4 handfuls of mixed berries
* 3tbsp of stevia (or any sweetener)
* 4-5 squares of dark choc (I used 90% Lindt)
What do you do with it all?
1) Spray your crock-pot with 1kcal fry spray
2) In a bowl: mix the almonds, salt, sodium bicarbonate, whey protein, and stevia
3) In a separate bowl: mix the cream and eggs (whisk them)
4) Fold in the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients ^^^
5) Mix in the melted coconut oil and melted coconut butter (without licking the spoon)
6) Stir in 2 handfuls of mixed berries and 2-3 squares of chopped dark chocolate
7) Chuck it all in the slow cooker for at least 3 hours on LOW
8) Leave to cool
9) Heat 2 handfuls of berries and 2 squares of dark chocolate in a saucepan to make a sauce (or microwave) and spread it on top!
10) Portion size and you got breakfasts, snacks, and puddings that are filling, nutritious, on-the-go and only 200 calories a slice
^^^ The average slice of cake in Starbucks is about 400 calories!
And these were all Fruci Family approved…
and wait for it…
Even Mrs Fruci approved it!
Matt ‘making an omelette’ Fruci
PS. If you want to know the exact amount of protein, carbs and fats in this…send me a message