As it's "chill out" Sunday in the Fruci household, I thought I'd share a recipe.
This recipe (along with many others) is one of the reasons that both myself and clients can lose weight, get lean and stay lean (I share 'almost' daily recipes in my inner circle Lean For Life Fat Loss Programme that help keep you full and satisfied):
Plus, this recipe will give you a ton of nutrients (not bad a for a cupcake, right?)
* 4 tablespoons desiccated coconut
* 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
* 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder
* 2 scoops of flavoured (chocolate, banana, vanilla, any will do) protein powder
* 200 ml cartooned coconut milk
* 3 cooked beetroots (purchase the vacuum packed beetroots already cooked)
* 1 kcal fry spray to oil the cupcake cases
* 30 g of Dark chocolate chopped into small pieces (70% and above)
* 100 g of fresh cranberries chopped into small pieces (any berries will do, it just so happened that the farmers market in Marlborough had 800 g of cranberries for a quid so needed to use them up)
1. Put all of the ingredients into a blender APART from the 30 g dark chocolate and 100 g fresh berries and pre-heat your oven to 170 C.
2. Once the main ingredients are blended, add in the chopped dark chocolate and cranberries, stir, and place the mixture into 6 cupcake cases (oiled with 1 kcal fry spray). Optional to sprinkle some cinnamon and more coconut on top.
3. Cook at 170 C for 40 minutes (or until you can put a clean knife through)!
Each cupcake has:
Fat: 6 g
Carbs: 6 g
Fibre: 3 g
Protein: 8 g
Calories: 110 calories
- 1 Banana
- A Boot's "Shapers" Fruit snack pack
- 1/3 of a supermarket cupcake...
- Eating tasty food means we may eat more (I can eat a good few of these in one-go...)
^^^ that said, I could go through a whole pack of supermarket cupcakes so I'm still saving a bucket load of calories <<< which helps me stay lean whilst still enjoying my food.
Let me know how you get on!
PS. Talking of food, I'll be reviewing the Weighbridge in Swindon soon if you're looking for places to eat out there!