So after our morning coaching session with the ladies on our body transformation programme and a few one to one meetings with clients today, I’ll be heading to Oxford Brookes University to deliver a lecture for the nutrition students.
And one of the quotes I like to use is:
“It’s not knowing what to do; it’s doing what you know.”
Because there is ALWAYS more to this weight loss and health stuff than ‘eat less and exercise more”
As much as this is the case…
It is more complicated. Upbringing, time, stress , work, health conditions etc. all make this more difficult.
And -yes – it’s great that when at university we learn about the complex stuff on hunger hormones, PCOS, Menopause, Menstrual cycles, allergies, insulin, GLP 1 hormones, polyphenols…I could go on…
But where do you stop?
As let’s face it, most people (ESPECIALLY ME) need to do what they already know first…
But maybe we’re eating for something better?
Maybe hoping for a better time when they’ll be fewer commitments and social events?
Or perhaps you’re just lacking motivation…
And speaking of which…
What if ‘motivation’ was actually a ‘code’ word for:
“I want to care more about this thing”?
You see, I can help you get motivated by getting clear on your ‘why’s’, whether it is fitting into a dress, helping to avoiding health conditions like type 2 diabetes , having more energy so you’re better to be around and can keep up with life, develop a healthy relationship with food and say yes to social events again with confidence…
But sometimes we say things and don’t really mean it (me included)..
and although this process above is STILL important. As without a ‘MOTIVE”..there is no ‘MOTIV-ation”…
Something that makes this process EVEN MORE powerful is putting systems in place so you don’t have to rely (solely) on the up and down ‘motivation’ and ‘inspiration’…
* Writing down your ‘why’s’ next to your bed so when you can’t get out of bed 5 minutes earlier to have some ‘me’ time and create some space, you remind yourself why and make it top of mind awareness (and remind yourself you’ll feel better for it later and have more energy)
* Setting an alarm to drink water and stop looking at a screen every hour so you can just get up and move around
* Keep your exercise clothes by the door.
* Get a friend or a support group to join you on your journey and help you stay ‘motivated’
* Put a time in your diary for when you’re going to plan your meals AND do your shopping (make it like a meeting at work that you cannot miss). Sounds simple, but this is one of the key things that people who lose weight and keep it off DO to save time, willpower and money…
So, what do you do to help you do the things you know you need to do without relying solely on willpower and motivation?
Matt ‘do what you know’ Fruci
PS. Whenever you’re ready, here’s 3 ways I can help you think differently about food. diet, and exercise so you can stop relying on ‘willpower’:
CLICK HERE TO START GETTING FIT
3- Join Our Brand New 8 Week Body and Mind Transformation Challenge:
This month I’m opening up the opportunity to work with us inside of my brand new ladies only coaching and mentoring programme where I’ll take you through strategies toupgrade your mindset and thinking about food, diet and exercise so that you never have to rely on ‘willpower’ again
If you’d like more information about this?
Just reply to this message with “8 Week” as the subject line
>>Check out some of the results that the ladies have achieved here: