Many times over the past few years inside of our Fit For Life Body Transformation programme, I’ve had questions around migraines, headaches, and poor sleep…
And the more I looked into this, the more I keep seeing MAGNESIUM come up in the science..
But not only in the science, a few of the ladies I worked with even asked me about it, too..
So, I looked into a bit more and was quite surprised:
1) Magnesium is the 2nd most common nutrient deficiency in first world countries (only behind vitamin D)
2) 1 in 7 of us deficient
3) A magnesium deficiency is associated with increased risk of DIABETES, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, POOR SLEEP, ADHD, and DEPRESSION…
So, here’s a few ways you can get this mineral in your diet:
1) Greens – e.g. spinach, kale, chard,
2) Seeds and nuts – yep, that includes PUMPKIN seeds…but it’s not just good for Magnesium and carving, check out my Pumpkin workout below…
3) Beans – baked beans, pinto beans, kidney beans (great source of protein and fibre, too)
4) Fruits – Bananas and avocados 🙂
5) Chocolate – Dark chocolate, that is…not the ones you get from Trick or Treating 😉
If you do want to supplement?
I’d go for Magnesium Citrate (not oxide) as it is more absorbable (like this one here)
Anyway, whether you like Halloween or not, we’ve been basing all of our workout challenges this week inside of our Fit For Life Body Transformation around it…
The Boo-opoly (aka monopoly) and Spider Splat challenges being my personal favourites.
But for you today?
I’ve also got a Pumpkin Workout for you to get your Boo-ty up and going 🙂
Here it is (10 reps of each exercise…let me know how it goes):
[responsive_video type=’youtube’ hide_related=’1′ hide_logo=’1′ hide_controls=’0′ hide_title=’0′ hide_fullscreen=’0′ autoplay=’0′]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfHzhGPCBI4&feature=youtu.be[/responsive_video]
Matt ‘Putting the Boo in Boo-ty” Fruci
PS. Whenever you’re ready, here’s 2 ways I can help you think differently about food. diet, and exercise so you can stop relying on ‘willpower’:
1- Get my 6 principles to help you think differently, get motivated and lose weight in my book for FREE: Shift: Simple Guide Helping Ladies Think Differently and Get Their Bodies Back:
CLICK HERE TO GET THE SIX PRINCIPLES
Or grab a hard copy of my book on Amazon here:
2- Join Our Fit For Life Body Transformation Challenge:
Every month I open up the opportunity to work with us inside of our ladies only coaching and mentoring programme where I’ll take you through strategies to get fitter, fit back into your favourite clothes and develop a positive relationship food, diet and exercise