|I know the feeling.|
It's the end of a long day.
You finally get to sit down and take (just a bit) of me time.
You've done so well today with your diet...and feel grrrreat (like Frosty the Tiger on the front of those Kelloggs cereals...)
Your sweet tooth is telling you to reach for that Cadbury's Dairy Milk...
Made with no flour?
That provides 2 of your 5 a day and enough protein to keep you full and satisfied so you stop raiding the cupboards ?
* 150 g sweet potato
* 2 eggs
* Mixed berries (about a large handful)
* 1 scoop of flavoured whey protein (or vanilla extract can work...)
* Cinnamon (optional)
* 1 kcal fry spray to fry
1) Chop the sweet potato into 4 or 5 pieces and boil until soft.
2) Once cooled, add the sweet potato, cinnamon, and 2 eggs into a blender...and blend!
3) Spray a frying pan with 1 kcal fry spray
4) Pour 1/3 of the mixture into the frying pan (think American Style Pancakes as shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60mvlCq1I0k
5) Fry like pancake for 2-3 mins on moderate heat and flip
6) Repeat with the rest of the mixture to make 3 pancakes in total
7) Stack them up, top with berries and enjoy!!
Protein: 32 g
Carbs: 40 g
Fat: 10 g
Filling, tasty, nutritious...and you don't even have to hide the wrappers!
Matt 'the innocent snacker' Fruci
PS. Give it a try tonight and make a note of your hunger levels
PPS. It also makes a great breakfast, too (as I found out today)