“In your face menopause”
This was a message I got from one of the ladies on our Fit For Life Body Transformation Programme. And its been such a hit that some of the ladies are asking for the next Fruci Fit t shirts to have that slogan on them haha
(We have a challenge every 4 weeks with a giveaway, such as, a t shirt…)
It’s also not uncommon for some of the ladies to say “you sound like me” when I say something like:
“Is it me or is it hot in here?”
Just a few of the side effects of the menopause that – I will say – I am very grateful I’ll never have to experience (yep. I’m a guy accepting that we have it easier than you lol)
Now, in terms of hot flushes, things like cutting out caffeine, alcohol, spicy food and perhaps supplementing with vitamin and introducing more soya based foods, like yoghurt and soy milk may help…
But something that the ladies joke about is that they get menopause brain…AKA they forget things…
So, here’s 4 ways to improve your memory (and these apply to me, too):
1) Diet – One study looked at the types of nutrients and foods that tended to be associated with a reduction or increase in dementia
the following seemed to reduce it:
* Vitamin B – Mainly found in animal products / dairy.
* Unsaturated fats – Such as olives, olive oil, avocado, seeds, nuts, and fish
* The Mediterranean diet – lean meats, beans, wholegrains, fish, fruit, veggies
Whereas the following seemed to increase your risk of cognitive decline:
* Low levels of vitamin D
2) Fat Loss – This is because obesity / being overweight can lead to insulin resistance and inflammation, which could negatively influence the brain
3) Meditation – Try the app Headspace. Relaxation techniques, such as this, have been shown to improve short term memory and even lower blood pressure.
4) Exercise – the good news is that you don’t have to exercise for hours. Researchers founds that even low- to moderate amounts still had protective effects. Perhaps due to the increase in blood flow, and supply of oxygen and nutrients to your brain.
But here’s the things, you probably know most of this stuff anyway.
And its actually why the majority of our body transformation programmes is focussed on helping you DO the things you know you need to do to get the results you want.
Matt ‘in your face menopause’ Fruci