Do you ever have one of those days where you're sooooo hungry that you "could eat a bus"?
It usually happens to me when I've:
1. Had a rubbish nights sleep
2. Feeling stressed / overwhelmed (some people go the opposite way and eat less...)
3. I'm eating tasty food (my taste buds tell me I'm hungry...)
4. I've not eating enough
And according to the research, there could be other reasons too:
- You're lacking in protein and fibre (these help to keep you full)
Solution: Increase your intake of lean meats, fish, beans / pulses and veggies!
- Your ratio of omega 3 and omega 6 fats is out of whack (essential fats)
- You're eating too much processed foods (this may impact your hunger hormones)
- And for females...you might feel like "you could eat a bus" if you're in the premenstrual phase...
Below is a quick summary:
And below is a summary of whether you could actually eat a bus...