A quick snack in the afternoon...
As a main meal (if you add some sides)
Give this simple 'eggs in baskets' recipe a go and let the creamy, buttery avocado meet the oozing egg (unless you're cooking for your pregnant wife. In that case, make the yolk well-done. Very well-done)
Ingredients (Serves 2):
* 2 Avocados
* 4 eggs
* Salt, pepper and paprika to taste
* Optional sides: Crispy kale / homemade chips / homemade ketchup (pinocchio)
1. Cut the avocados in half and scoop out SOME of the middle to allow some room for the egg
2. Carefully, place each egg into the avocado halfs / baskets (do not put all of your eggs into one basket...)
^^^ This can get pretty messy if you haven't scooped out any of the avocado...
3. Top with some salt, pepper, and paprika
4. Place in the oven for about 15 - 20 minutes until the yolk is to your liking (well done if you're pregnant apparently...)
5. Serve with some crispy kale, homemade chips, and homemade tomato ketchup (pinocchio)
Nutrition (for just the avocado and eggs...without the sides):
Protein: 15 g
Carbs: 13 g
Fat: 26 g
Give it a try and let me know how you get on!