Easy Chinese Takeaway?
Every Friday we have a live cooking where one of us cooks and shares a recipe live on Zoom so we can all cook together .
Often something different or simple .
And it’s always good to catch up and get some new ideas.
So I thought I would share this one from Friday night.
So here you go:
^^ Click here for the vide0: https://www.facebook.com/MattFruciNutrition/videos/542025463994907/
For the chicken:
1 tbsp. cornstarch
salt & pepper
1 tsp. Chinese Five Spice
14 oz. (400g) chicken breast, diced
2 tbsp. coconut oil
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
1 cup (210g) rice
4 green onions, sliced, to garnish
For the sauce:
5 tbsp. tomato ketchup
2 tbsp. honey
3 tsp. coconut sugar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. Chinese Five Spice 5 tbsp. water
2 tbsp. tamari
1 tsp. sriracha sauce
What you need to do
1. Place the cornstarch into a medium bowl,season with salt and pepper and Chinese Five Spice. Mix well, then add the diced chicken and toss to coat evenly.
2.Cook the rice according to instructions on packaging.
3. In the meantime, heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a large skillet over a medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5-8 minutes until golden, stirring often. Once cooked, take the chicken out of the pan and set aside.
4. In the same skillet,heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and add the bell pepper and red onion. Season with salt and pepper and stir-fry for 5-7 minutes until golden.
5. Meanwhile, make the sauce by combining together all the sauce ingredients in a bowl.
6. Now place the cooked chicken back into the pan and stir through the sauce. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook gently until thickened, 2-3 minutes. Add a splash of water if the sauce is too thick.
7. Once the rice has cooked,divide between serving bowls,top with the chicken and sauce, and garnish with green onions. Serve immediately.
Tomorrow, I will send over a free guide showing you how to eat out and enjoy the foods you love