My jeans were pushing back against my stomach.
My are cheeks blushing. I’m beginning to sweat.
But I’m still debating whether I’ve got more room for more curry, steak, and duck at the all you can eat buffet.
Wow do I miss eating out ..
Probably be one of the things I do first after lockdown ..
^^ need my haircut first ha ha
Anyway, ever heard the term “meat sweats”?
Well, this may surprise you, but you actually burn calories through digesting food.
It’s actually 5-10% of your overall calories that you burn every, single day!
So, here are some waysyou could burn more calories by…eating:
* You’ll burn more calories (20-30% of the calories in the food) by digesting and absorbing protein-rich foods (meats, fish, eggs, dairy etc.)
* Digesting and absorbing carbs burns 5-6% of the energy in the food you’re eating, whereas digesting and absorbing fat burns just 3% of the energy from the food.
So, I guess you could say that the old wives tale of the ‘meat sweats’ is pretty real?
What does this mean for you? Well, if your diet is lacking in protein-rich foods, making some simple swaps slowly but surely could help.
And – of course- you don’t need to get to the ‘meat sweat’ threshold to know you are burning more calories (unfortunately) 😉
But making these simple swaps could help you:
* Feel full up for longer so you’re not constantly thinking about food and can be more productive with your day (Which could you take back control of your ‘hunger’ <<< which I’ll come on to another day)
* Help with your skin, hair and split nails(as one of the ladies said the other day)
* Promote more muscle tone so you fit your clothes better (especially when coupled with exercise to improve your fitness, recovery and make everyday tasks easier )
But the problem with all this above
Is that it’s pointless unless you do something with it..
That’s the main problem with the health and fitness industry
Loads of information, but in my opinion, a lack of accountability
To do the things you actually already know you need to do
That’s why a big focus of what we do is making sure you do the things you know you need to do..
Of course, you have to meet us half way.
And yes, you might be skeptical
That it won’t work for you.
Many of the ladies are…
Like Emma said:
“ It’s all going really well! I feel like a bit of a switch has flipped since you’ve been nagging and my son is been encouraging me and I’ve lost 4 lb since I spoke to you on Saturday. 💪💪”