My jeans were pushing back against my stomach. My are cheeks blushing. I’m beginning to sweat. But I’m still debating whether I’ve got more room for the (mis)steak at the all you can eat buffet. Despite already having the duck... Have you ever been ‘diagnosed’ with the ‘meat sweats’ (as they call it)?
Well, this may surprise you, but you actually burn calories through digesting food. It’s actually 5-10% of your overall calories that you burn every, single day!
Here’s how you could burn more calories by…eating:
* You’ll burn more calories (20-30% of the calories in the food) by digesting and absorbing protein-rich foods (meats, fish, eggs, dairy etc.)
* Digesting and absorbing carbs burns 5-6% of the energy in the food you’re eating, whereas digesting and absorbing fat burns just 3% of the energy from the food.
So, I guess you could say that the old wives tale of the ‘meat sweats’ is pretty real?
What does this mean for you? Well, if your diet is lacking in protein-rich foods, making some simple swaps slowly but surely could help.
And – of course- you don’t need to get to the ‘meat sweat’ threshold to know you are burning more calories (unfortunately) 😉
But making these simple swaps could help you:
* Feel full up for longer so you’re not constantly thinking about food and can be more productive with your day (Which could you take back control of your ‘hunger’ <<< which I’ll come on to another day)
* Help with your skin, hair and split nails
* Promote more muscle tone so you fit your clothes better
And i just happens that I show you how to do this in my Fat Loss Mastery Body Transformation Programme
Helping Busy Ladies Think Differently About The Way They Diet And Get Their Bodies Back For Good