HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I’ve actually been in 2019 since Sunday.
No, I don’t have a time machine. Nor do I believe in Unicorns (despite there being 4 Unicorn teddies around my house haha)
We basically had a get together on Sunday with all the kids and did our own mini countdown at 5pm haha
We even had last years fireworks and countdown on…
Which leads me to the 9 things I want to share with you that don’t make sense (even in 2019)
Especially in this health, fitness and diet world.
1. Regardless of how many times people tell you ‘you look great’ at the party…you’re still not happy because your weight was once lower – we love comparing ourselves to our best day and avoid accepting the NOW
2. 84% of us will carry on doing the same things as we were already doing despite setting a New Years Resolution…yet will expect different results. Isn’t that the definition of insanity?
3. Tic-Tac’s are nearly pure sugar but can label themselves as sugar free because regulations say ‘less than half a gram of sugar per serving can be labelled as sugar free’ and 1 tic tac is classed as a serving
4. Slimming clubs tell you weight loss will solve all of your problems (forgetting the importance of daily habits, self love and your relationship with food …which are have been shown to be more important in actually building a sustainable healthy eating and fitness plan and keeping the fat off)
5. The most popular New Years Resolution is weight loss…yet only 7% will achieve their weight loss goal and keep it off..with a lack of motivation and support to do the things they know they need to do often said to be the reason.
6. Scientists said it was IMPOSSIBLE to run a mile in 4 minutes. As soon as one person did it? 18 people did it in the year. Either humans evolved rapidly in 12 months or the power of the mind is pretty powerful, right?
7. 50% of what we think we know is actually wrong…we just don’t know it yet
8. If you keep drinking alcohol, you’ll never be hungover
9. Procrastinating on something you want because you’re afraid of failing or that it might take longer…when in fact? Not doing anything will mean you’re in the exact same place as you are now anyway…and it will take even longer to get where you want to be because you haven’t started.
And I could add another 100 things on to this.
But then I’d hold you up even more and waste more time
And that wouldn’t make sense either.
Matt ‘Unicorn’ Fruci
PS- Get a FREE copy of my new book, Shift: Simple Guide Helping Ladies Think Differently and Get Their Bodies Back where I’ll show you how to get AND STAY motivated and lose weight
CLICK HERE TO GET THE SIX PRINCIPLES
Or grab a hard copy of my book on Amazon here:
PPS. Check out my quick post on 5 things to help you take control of comfort eating: