Not got much time?
Craving sweet food?
Still want to get in the right balance of nutrients to give you more energy and keep you full so you can gain back control over the biscuit tin, and lose weight (once and for all)?
Well, look no further than the mug cake!
Something both myself, and many members of my Fit For Life Body Transformation, have turned to many times.
When watching TV and wanting to snack (If you're like me and struggle to understand Game of Thrones then the mug cake definitely helps).
And my favourite...
323pm <<< The average time you're craving that coffee and cake pick me up.
So, you're in luck.
Because both the coffee and the cake can now stay and actually HELP you curb hunger and lose weight!
So here's a step-by-step video of me making it here:
* 1 scoop of flavoured whey protein powder (chocolate, vanilla, banana have all worked well for me)
* 1/2 tsp sodium bicarbonate
* 1 tsp hazelnut flavoured coffee
* 2 tsp cocoa powder
* 1 egg
* 1 tsp cider vinegar
* 250 g natural yogurt
* 100 g berries
1) Mix the protein powder, sodium bicarbonate, coffee, and 1 tsp cocoa powder in the bottom of a mug.
2) Add in 1 egg and 1tsp cider vinegar and mix with a fork until you get a smooth batter
3) Put in the microwave for about 1 minute (checking throughout to make sure it doesn't overspill)
4) Mix some yogurt with 1tsp cocoa powder in the bottom of a bowl (with some optional sweetener like stevia)
5) Add the mug cake on top and top with berries and more yogurt!
6) Optional: add some cinnamon on top for some natural sweetness!
4 reasons why you should try it:
* Quick and easy meaning it's handy for when you're busy
* High in protein and fibre so it keeps you full to stop you snacking and craving foods throughout the day
* Pretty low in calories so can help you lose weight
* It tastes good!!!
Let me know how you get on!