I walk in...
Ready to get my morning coffee.
Usually an Americano.
But sometimes a latte.
So, I'm in the queue.
and unless I copy everyone else and just check Facebook and my emails
^^^ as you're doing right now 😉
I find myself staring at a Triple Chocolate Cookie, a Chocolate Caramel Shortbread, and...
a fudgy, chocolatey brownie...
Now, I might not be able to compete with the Triple Chocolate Cookie or Chocolate Caramel Shortbread...
But these Fruci Fit 'bean' Brownies certainly give the fudgy, chocolatey brownies in Starbucks a good run for their 'tax avoiding' money.
* 240 g (1 tin) of drained red kidney beans (yes, you read that right...don't knock it until you try it)
* 80 ml of unsweetened almond milk
* 30 g of Gram flour (Chickpea flour...any will do but this is gluten-free)
* 15 g coconut flour
* 1 scoop of flavoured whey protein powder (I used cookies and cream)
^^^ You can substitute this for vanilla extract
* 5 g cocoa powder
* 5 g sodium bicarbonate or baking powder
* A dash of cinnamon
* 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
* 1 egg
* 30 g quark (low fat soft cheese)
* 20 g chopped hazelnuts
* 25 g chopped dark chocolate (70%)
1) Blend all ingredients (apart from the toppings) in a blender
2) Pour the mixture into a 'bread' tin sprayed with 1 kcal fry spray
3) Top with the chopped hazelnuts and chocolate
4) Place in the over for 20 mins or until you get a 'clean knife' at 180C
5) Leave to cool and serve!
And that's it...
I portion them into 3 servings, but it could do 6 (I'm just greedy and enjoy getting weird looks when eating a massive brownie on a train...)
These are great for when you're 'on-the-go' (so move over Belvita...)
Per serving (1/3):
Protein: 20 g
Carbs: 26 g
Fat: 13 g
Matt 'Syn FREE for life' Fruci