High in protein, keeps you full, means you make the most of leftovers, and takes about 10 minutes to make...
Ingredients For 2 Pancakes:
- 55 g of flour (Gram Flour if you want it gluten-free)
- 100 g Cooked chicken (about 1 chicken breast)
- A pinch of salt and black pepper
- 1 egg
- 150 ml of milk (almond milk if you want it dairy free)
- Some chopped spring onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 kcal fry spray to fry if you want to reduce fat intake
- Optional (but also compulsory): garlic olive oil to top / fry...
If you're thinking:
Where do I get Gram flour from?
I came across this offer in Morrisons today...
It's cheap, low in fat, pretty high in protein due to the chickpeas / yellow split peas, and has moderate carbs.
It's also the closest flour to "wheat" flour that I've ever used <<< Unfortunately, I'm allergic to wheat...
1. Mix the flour and salt in a bowl
2. Whisk the egg and milk in another bowl and slowly pour this into the bowl with the flour, until you get a "batter" consistency. Leave to one side.
3. Chop some spring onion and add this into the mixture with the chicken and sweetcorn.
4. Heat a small pan with garlic olive oil or 1 kcal fry spray. When it's at a high heat, add the batter mix and fry for about 2 minutes at a moderate heat before turning and repeating.
5. Slide off on to a plate, season with black pepper, and the optional (but also compulsory) garlic olive oil!
Rough nutrition provided PER ONE PANCAKE (using gluten and dairy free recipe WITH 1 tablespoon of garlic olive oil):
Protein: 22 g
Carbs: 23 g
Fat: 12 g
If I was going to make this better?
Add in some cheese or make a cheese sauce...
This was tasty, took 10 minutes, was low in calories (meaning I can eat MORE and I love having a full plate), and surprisingly filling, particularly if you add in some extra veggies, like peppers, chopped spinach and onion.
Give it a go and let me know how you get on.
PS. Are you looking for the support, tools and accountability to ditch the dieting for good so you can take control of your eating habits, tone up and fit back into your favourite clothes?
This might be for you: https://frucifit.com/october-trial/