Have you seen the news?
As personal trainers and nutritionists?
We are often bombarded by questions about this…
I’ve done a video below.
Feel free to share with anyone if they ask to avoid misinterpretation and mass panic caused by the media…
1) a possible carcinogen is something with
“agents, mixtures and exposure circumstances for which there is limited evidence of carcinogenicity in humans and less than sufficient evidence of carcinogenicity in experimental animals. It may also be used when there is inadequate evidence of carcinogenicity in humans but there is sufficient evidence of carcinogenicity in experimental animals.”
2) aloe Vera, mobile phone usage, and pickled vegetables are also “possible carcinogens”. For perspective, alcohol is a group 1 highly carcinogenic substance, up there with asbestos and radiation
3) it’s association and not causation. And the same research group did a study looking at sugar and cancer and sugar had more of an association with cancer than sweeteners suggesting that sugar is worse than sweeteners
4) diet drinks were more effective than water at weight loss maintenance
5) Sweeteners are not “healthy” but that does not mean they are ‘unhealthy’ and they can be useful tools to help people achieve a calorie deficit and lose fat. Losing fat and not being obese is far more effective at reducing risk of cancer