You're going to hate me...
Or love me...
Because I'm going to remind you of that sizzling...
Bacon (can you smell it?)
As your barefoot touches the kitchen floor...
You know it must be Sunday!
And I've got a treat for you.
Inspired by my grandad (who said we need to have a BBQ soon..I'll get the pork and apple burgers you like)...
I thought I'd do a bit of experimentation!
And I was pleasantly surprised!
* 1 apple (I used pink lady)
* 2 rashes of bacon
* 2 large mushrooms (portobello)
* 2 eggs
* 2 tomatoes
* Salt, pepper, oregano, and basil to taste!
1) Pre-heat the oven to 180C
2) Cut the apple in half
3) Wrap each apple half with 1 slice of raw bacon
4) Cut 2 tomatoes in half
5) Crack an egg into the middle of each mushroom
6) Spray a baking sheet / oven tray with 1 kcal fry spray, put the egg-filled mushrooms, tomatoes and bacon-wrapped apple onto the tray and into the oven for about 30 minutes (or until egg whites are cooked)
7) Let the sweet apple meet the salty bacon!!
Protein: 23 g
Carbs: 38 g
Fat: 16 g
And 3 of your 5 a day!!!
Give it a try and let me know how you get on!!
Have a great Sunday!
PS. Speaking of pork and apple, I'm off to a BBQ later today for my little cousins birthday...