Many times over the past few years inside of our programme
I’ve had questions around leg cramps, migraines, headaches, and poor sleep…
And the more I looked into this, the more I keep seeing MAGNESIUM come up in the science..
But not only in the science, a few of the ladies on our 4 Week Kickstart Programme have even asked me about it, too..
So, I looked into a bit more and was quite surprised:
1) Magnesium is the 2nd most common nutrient deficiency in first world countries (only behind vitamin D)
2) 1 in 7 of us deficient
3) A magnesium deficiency is associated with increased risk of DIABETES, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, POOR SLEEP, ADHD, and DEPRESSION…
So, here’s a few ways you can get this mineral in your diet:
1) Greens – e.g. spinach, kale, chard,
2) Seeds and nuts – yep, that includes PUMPKIN seeds…but it’s not just good for Magnesium and carving, check out my Pumpkin workout below…
3) Beans – baked beans, pinto beans, kidney beans (great source of protein and fibre, too)
4) Fruits – Bananas and avocados 🙂
5) Chocolate – Dark chocolate, that is… 😉
If you do want to supplement?
I’d go for Magnesium Citrate (not oxide) as it is more absorbable (like this one here)
But you know what else helps?
But I get it can be boring, difficult to fit in and intimidating.
That’s why we created our 4-Week Kickstart Programme specifically designed for ladies 40+…
To create a safe environment for you to become the best version of you..
Without worrying about doing it wrong or incorrectly / making any injuries worse..
Oh and all without crawling out of a gym, dreading ever going back..
After all, this whole fitness and health stuff is YOUR journey.
It is YOU vs YOU..
The moment you compare, judge, worry about anyone else?
You’re simply wasting energy that could have been spent on making you BETTER today!
That’s why everything is personalised for YOU..
Just like Stephanie said after her first session last week:
“I have never been a fan of ‘fitness classes’ as they all seemed to get you hot and bothered from the get go.
Yours didn’t do that but you knew you had exercised and worked the muscles”
As for me, that’s where most health and fitness / diet programmes go wring.
They don’t consider your needs.
It’s just cookie cutter…
“tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn” – Benjamin Franklin
^^^Who’d have thought that would have so much relevance to getting in shape and keeping the results for good…