It’s something that not many people talk about. But everyone does…
Some more than others…
Gut health is a big thing right now. Its a developing area and could be the future to treating a lot of conditions
^^^ Poo transplants are coming (and already used in the UK for C.Diff in hospitals…) haha
But what about IBS?
Bloating, flatulence, urges to go to the loo etc. These are all life changing that can stop you doing what you want to do but also from absorbing nutrients you need to have more energy.
Well, just make you feel at ease about this sensitive topic…
I’ll say now that for the first 20 odd years of my life?
I’d have to go for a poop (pretty urgently) after eating…
So, I guess you could say
I really am full of 💩…
But anyway, heres a few things you can do to help (and a little trick to help with lactose intolerance):
1) Avoid spicy food – This can speedy up how quickly foods goes through you…
2) Limit caffeine – Can increase stress hormone, leading to gut issues…
3) Chew MORE – Sounds simple, but when comparing those who chewed their food 10 times compared to 40 times, chewing only 10 times led to increased malabsorption with can irritate the gut due to size of the food from malabsorption.
4) Drink more fluids – If you have eaten more fibre or had a large meal…drinking more water can help, especially if you feel bloated / blocked.
What about lactose intolerance?
If you are Asian or African you are more likely to have a lactose intolerance. It is actually fairly uncommon in caucasian populations, with many studies showing that mind over matter, stress and placebo contributes to many symptoms.
That said, here is a test you can do at home:
1) Buy some normal milk and buy some lactose FREE milk.
2) Get your other half to pour you around 300ml of one of the milks so you don’t know which one you are having (but they do)
3) See how you feel for 3 days.
4) Do it again making sure your other half gives you the other milk.
5) See how you feel for 3 days.
I will say that sometimes IBS / bloating can occur from simply a high volume of food in one sitting.
Maybe you eat too many ‘free foods’ and not enough water?
This is where developing a positive relationship with food might help.
Matt ‘full of 💩’ Fruci
PS. You can grab a free copy of my book HERE
PPS. Watch How Cassie From Wiltshire Went From Mobility Scooter To Running Her First 5k & Fitting Back In Her Favourite Clothes Without Long, Boring Workouts Or Giving Up Her Favourite Foods >> CLICK HERE TO WATCH