It’s something that not many people talk about. But everyone does…
Some more than others…
Gut health is a big thing right now. It’s a developing area and could be the future to treating a lot of conditions
^^^ Poo transplants are already used in the UK for C.Diff in hospitals…)
But what about IBS?
Bloating, flatulence, urges to go to the loo etc. These are all life changing that can stop you doing what you want to do but also from absorbing nutrients you need to have more energy.
Well, just make you feel at ease about this sensitive topic…
I’ll say now that for the first 20 odd years of my life?
I’d have to go for a poop (pretty urgently) after eating…
So, I guess you could say
I really am full of 💩…
But anyway, here’s a few things you can do to help (and a little trick to help with lactose intolerance):
1) Avoid spicy food – This can speedy up how quickly foods goes through you…
2) Limit caffeine – Can increase stress hormone, leading to gut issues…
3) Chew MORE – Sounds simple, but when comparing those who chewed their food 10 times compared to 40 times, chewing only 10 times led to increased malabsorption with can irritate the gut due to size of the food from malabsorption.
4) Drink more fluids – If you have eaten more fibre or had a large meal…drinking more water can help, especially if you feel bloated / blocked.
5) Take the 5 day challenge – this might seem contradictory to what you normally are told..
That is to limit fermentable fibre in your diet…
Such as beans, potatoes, brown foods / wholegrains, cereals etc.
I go into detail on this with UK Registered Dietitian, Mike Sweeney in this podcast episode here:
(He’s helped thousands of people with digestive issues with his clinics in the NHS)
If on Android, https://open.spotify.com/episode/0xuJrfToajmkqhapSRiZ2t
What about lactose intolerance?
here is a test you can do at home:
1) Buy some normal milk and buy some lactose FREE milk.
2) Get your other half to pour you around 300ml of one of the milks so you don’t know which one you are having (but they do)
3) See how you feel for 3 days.
4) Do it again making sure your other half gives you the other milk.
5) See how you feel for 3 days.
I will say that sometimes IBS / bloating can occur from simply a high volume of food in one sitting.
Maybe you eat too many ‘free foods’ and not enough water?
Maybe someone buys you a load of purple Quality Street (guilty haha)..
So I guess once again..
It is coming back down to doing the simple things..
And doing those simple things very well, consistently.
Which is exactly what we do in our 4-Week Kickstart Programme for ladies over 40 who know what to do but need that kickstart and accountability to do the things they know they need to do.
And we have just opened up our January 2020 4-Week Kickstart Programme in Marlborough, Burbage and Devizes, specifically for ladies over 40.
This is for 12 ladies
Ladies that are probably intending to enjoy Christmas🍷
Ladies that work hard throughout the year and actually quite enjoy taking it a bit easier in December to have a good time.
But they also understand that as they get older, their health and fitness becomes a lot more important than it was in their 30s.
➡ Better Health / Fitness = More Confidence and More Energy To Do The Things We Want To Do
The great thing about this programme is that it is designed in a way that all fitness levels can take part….without fear of holding anyone else back or looking silly.
As long as there is commitment to report back to us each week so we can help you and attend 1-3 times a week then this is all good.
So if you know anyone? Let me know…
They can then enjoy the rest of what December has to offer before we start in January.
And when you make that New Year’s Eve Resolution as the clock strikes 12 on the 31st December you will know that you’ve already got your place booked.
Me and my team will be waiting to help out.
If you want more details?
Just message me with ‘Marlborough’, ‘Devizes’ or ‘Burbage’ and I’ll get you the details.
Matt ‘full of 💩’ Fruci