Posted on

5 things to help Hayfever…

5 things to help Hayfever…

I remember when my daughters were first born..

The first year

Ny sneeze, and we’d go into “panic parent” mode: “Has she got a cold?” “Is she unwell?” Is it an allergy?”.

The reality? She’s probably just clearing her airways. After all, babies don’t blow their nose…​​​

Anyway,  I used to get really bad hayfever. 

And – the odd year – it does come back with a vengeance. I remember a few years back when at Loughborough University. I’d barely leave the house

It was a pain. Made me feel tired and run down. Stopped me being productive with work and my day. And sleeping was a nightmare with my itchy throat waking me up every 10 minutes…

^^^ which meant I was grouchy with friends and family and relied on caffeine to get me through the day…

Now, could this be linked to a food allergy?

​​

Potentially….and I’ll go in to this in more detail another day… But with current hayfever medication potentially giving you a dry mouth and / or making you drowsy, an alternative would be welcome, right?

​​

Well, good news! Because a recent study has – once again – shown why the bacteria in your gut could be the key to boosting your immune system and health. People given probiotics suffered fewer allergy related nose symptoms and reported improvements in their quality of life

​​

^ ^^ sleep, productivity, work, mood, ability to think clearly (all the things which will probably help you manage stress and lose fat)

​​

Anyway, here’s 4 more tips to help you get your energy back and take back control of these seasonal allergies:

​​

1. Manage stress – stress is linked to the severity of your symptoms. Prioritise your day or someone else will prioritise it for you

2. Get moving! – exercise can reduce stress and the severity of your symptoms. Perhaps look for indoor exercise if your symptoms are really bad.

​​

3.Good eating – a balanced diet high in anti inflammatory foods like omega 3 fats, oily fish, and fruit and veggies can help reduce symptoms

​​

And – some – have reported that reducing mucus-forming foods such as milk products and added sugar COULD help

​​

4. Prioritise SLEEP –  Only 13% of people who had 7 hours or more sleep a night reported severe symptoms, compared with 21% who regularly had 5 hours or less

​​

It might be a bit late now

But local honey prior to the hayfever season may even help too.

​​Hope that helps..

Matt ‘bless you’ Fruci

Posted on

What’s the cost?

What’s the cost?

I’ll be honest

Sometimes I debate whether I’ll take the kids swimming or go to the park

And just get on with some work instead.

I mean, running your own business

Does mean that sometimes you have to do things that isn’t ‘normal’. 

You know, like working early, late, weekends etc…

And because I love what I do

It is all too easy for me to do that..

Unless I ask a better question..

(the quality of the questions you ask yourself everyday will pretty much determine your happiness)

Instead of asking:

What’s the cost of taking the kids out?

^^^ which means I go into ‘I will get less work done, I will be less productive…etc

I switch this to:

“What’s the cost of NOT taking the kids out?”

^^to which I get: I miss out on precious family time with the kids (which I never get back), miss out on memories being created, I don’t take time out which means I come back with more energy than ever..

I could go on.

And of course

There needs to be a compromise.

Why am I sharing this with you today?

Well, it is all too easy to focus on the costs of doing something – be it the financial or time cost.

But something we often don’t consider 

Is the cost of not doing it.

After all, 

There will be a cost anyway

You might just not be aware of it..

Matt ‘cost?’ Fruci

Posted on

How Michelle went from size 20 to size 14…

How Michelle went from size 20 to size 14…

Meet Michelle 👋 From Wiltshire

Michelle joined Fruci Fit to lose weight, get fit and find something she could stick to.

Michelle was nervous about starting as it was a step out of her comfort zone but is now sticking to an exercise programme and really enjoys (something she never thought she would say)

Michelle has gone from size 20 to size 14 (even wearing size 12 the other day), has lost 2.5 stone, and is feeling so much fitter.

Michelle started off doing push ups against the wall, not going down to the floor, and now does push ups on her tiptoes on the floor.

This was all achieved despite challenges with her knees along the way, but Michelle worked around it and focussed on what she CAN do.

Well done, Michelle 👏

Watch her story below…

WATCH ON FACEBOOK

WATCH ON YOUTUBE

Matt

PS. Whenever you’re ready, here are 5 ways we can help you:

1- I’ve put together over 200 daily, short, impactful podcasts to inspire and motivate you on doing the things you know you need to do..

ALL for free…

>>> CLICK HERE to grab it for free (if you have an iphone)

If you have an Android, click here

2 – Join Our Signature Kickstart Programme For Wiltshire Ladies 40+ 

The Kickstart can be done from home or with us in our private ladies only studios in Marlborough and Devizes, designed for ladies 40+ that want to take back control of their eating habits, fitness and lifestyle habits.  

If you’d like more details on this? Complete this short application here

3- Join Couples Kickstart for 2 people. Specifically designed for couples or two friends who want to work together to take back control of their eating habits, fitness and lifestyle habits. 

Reply with “couples kickstart” for more info

4- Watch How Cathy, 54, From Wiltshire lost 2.5 stone, got fitter, and now feels comfortable to exercise in a non-intimidating environment >> CLICK HERE TO WATCH

5- Join our FREE Facebook group where I share meal plans, workouts and tips and tricks to get and stay in shape (specifically for ladies 40+ in the local area):

https://www.facebook.com/groups/407524927211602

Posted on

How to increase your energy (and motivation)

How to increase your energy (and motivation)

So I have the privilege of daddy day care duties a few days a week…

Which are amazing by the way.

Making slides with mattresses and the stairs (risk assessment is questionable …)

Finding myself constantly saying:

“Share”

“Put your shoes on”

“you can’t take your scooter to bed”

I could go on…

And as fun as it is?

It is also exhausting..

I’m not sure why..

It just is…

But the things is…

A lot of the ladies say to me

That they don’t ‘have’ energy.

And that they don’t ‘have’ motivation. 

Which I get..

But the first thing I say is that 

You can’t just ‘have’ motivation..

You can’t just ‘have’ energy..

You have to CREATE IT..

Like, people will often say to me that I seem like I have so much energy…

But I am not too sure about this..

I just try to protect this…

And – yes – I say things like:

“I know working out is good for me and will give me energy but I can’t be bothered to do it”

“I know having a nap and a lie down will make me feel better but I cannot be bothered to do it”

^^ WHICH IS CRAZY, right?

So here are a few SMALLER actions that I do 

To help me create energy…

1-Get to bed by 10pm most days (try this, or at least the same time every night)

2- Schedule a nap in every day (or some shut eye, or some time to be outside)

3-Prepare some protein based meals to keep me full up and so I don’t have to think about food the next day

4- Write things I appreciate every day (family, health, job I love, house, babies, ability to make choices, I could go on…)

5- Write down 3 things I did well every day

6- Eat breakfast (get protein in at this time…if you are low in energy, skipping breakfast, then grabbing some high sugar snacks mid morning is half the problem…get some protein in first thing and notice the difference, be it eggs, yoghurt, a quick protein shake, or some porridge with some seeds. 

And you might say that these are a bit woowoo / happy clappy..

But if you say something enough times

You will probably be more likely to think that it is true.

Hear me out

Every belief you have 

Comes from a story / thought that you have heard so many times

You believe it to be true…

Like ‘breakfast being the most important meal of the day’

People think this is a given

Yet, there is no concrete evidence to say it is actually true…

It might be good for you, but that doesnt mean it is for everyone…

You have to be careful

About how you label yourself..

If you call yourself ‘lazy’, ‘too unfit’

You will look for evidence for this to confirm this..

But is this really true?

Are you really ‘lazy’?

Like, some of the ladies say this to me

And they have kids, work full time, run the house..I could go on.

So don’t underestimate how you talk to yourself.

Remember, you are listening..

And what you say 

Might just rob you of your energy and motivation…

And these strategies might not work for you..

But it definitely won’t work for you if you don’t try this..

After all, we often have favourite songs because of the words we hear.

That make us feel a certain way…

Food for thought…

Matt ‘energy’ Fruci

Posted on

Closing next week (Summer Transformation)

Closing next week (Summer Transformation)

So next week (flexible start date)

We start The Fruci Fit Summer transformation programme…

We go live on Monday 

And need to get our World Famous (I can say that as we have shipped some to the US as well as Devizes, Marlborough, Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland, and Wales ;-))

Kickstart Planners shipped to you so you are ready to start. 

So if you’ve ever wanted to work with me more personally…

I’ve put together 2 things where you can find out more:

1- The replay of Wednesday nights discover call where I go over:

> The results you can expect from our Summer Transformation Programme

> What we ship out to your door so have everything you need

> Who the programme is for (it is not everyone)

> How to book 1-1 coaching sessions with me

> and everything you get as part of the programme, from workouts, nutrition, mindset to what we ship

And much more.

Here’s where you can watch

>>>> https://www.facebook.com/562890525/videos/10165189894995526/

INSERT LINK TO THE DISCOVERY CALL VIDEO FROM ‘LADIES GET FIT WITH FRUCI FIT WILTSHIRE’ THAT I DO ON WEDNESDAY 23rd June 7pm

Or 

2) Book a call with me here:

https://frucifit.com/apply/

Check out some of the results our members have achieved here:

Matt ‘Summer’ Fruci

PS. What questions do you have about working with me?

Posted on

How to overcome self sabotage

How to overcome self sabotage 

“I can’t do it on my own”

^^^ my 4 year old daughter said whilst swimming without armbands holding my arm…

And something I’m trying to teach her is to just ask for help

Rather than go into the ‘I can’t do it’ mode..

As it often results in frustration…

Just saying those words to yourself 

Literally puts you down…

Try it..

And often stops you even being able to make a rational decision. 

And it reminded me of when I was at Taekwondo..

I did pretty well in the end. even being asked to teach. 

Although I rarely did any teaching as I couldn’t get my words out. I was too nervous. 

Worried about what others were thinking. Didn’t like other looking at / or judging me. 

Would go bright red in the face…

Probably because I told myself 

‘I can’t do it’

When actually what I should have said was that

‘I can’t do it, yet”..

Anyway, we used to have this mantra:

“DREAM IT. BELIEVE IT. ACHIEVE IT…”

And – of course – being only 12 at the time, I had no clue what this meant anyway. 

But what I’ve found to be true NOW after coaching hundreds of ladies

is that there’s a BIG step between ‘believe’ and ‘achieve’…

That step being…

 Doing!

Because here’s the thing:

Everyone has self-belief. 

Everyone has confidence. 

Whether they exercise every day, once a week or haven’t exercised in years. 

Whether they define themselves as  too old or too unfit… 

Everyone has confidence. 

The difference?

The THOUGHTS in your head you CHOOSE to believe at that moment in time..

Which will – eventually – determine what you do

And how you feel.

^^ just last week I felt rubbish and was putting myself down…the reality was that I was just tired (bed late….)

You see…

I hear things like:

 ‘I have no willpower’. “I have no motivation’…

but what if I told you that it’s not a lack of willpower? 

But actually the thoughts you CHOOSE to believe?

Can I challenge you just for today to slow down and challenge your thoughts? Notice what you are CHOOSING to believe? 

Rather than fighting the fact you might be a bit tired…

Feel your feelings..

If you are tired?

What would your best self do to get more energy?

And – if you’re really ready for a challenge – I challenge you to take action WITHOUT having self-belief that you can do it?

Matt

Posted on

Chocoholic? Try this…

Chocoholic? Try this…

So I was chatting to one of the ladies the other week..

She called herself a ‘chocoholic’…

Ever said that before?

I know I have.

Now,

Here’s the thing.

She thought her week has been ‘pretty rubbish’…

Why?

Because she had a bit of a binge on chocolate.

Now consider this..

When you start to make a positive change, your focus is on it more so you will notice both the good and the ‘bad’ more

^^ read that again..

So.

I asked the question:

How many times would you normally binge on chocolate? 

Her response? 

Most days…

So you have gone from doing it ‘most days’ to ‘once’?

Can you see how powerful that is?

Now, that is not to say that she will never do it more than once again..

But how powerful is that?

In just one week?

Yet…

She still labelled herself as a ‘chocoholic’..

It just rolled off her tongue..

“I’m such a chocoholic”

Why am I sharing this?

Well, would a chocoholic have chocolate once in a whole week?

Hmmmm.

Interesting, right?

A little reminder today.

That how you talk to yourself MATTERS..

And a little reminder that those little 

Labels you put on yourself

Are stuck on with velcro…

^^ yep, so you can rip it off whenever YOU want.

It is always your choice..

As the saying goes:

“Whether you think you can or can’t, you’re right”

I mean, 

Most people wouldn’t believe me when I say this,

But for the majority of my life, I have been:

“Shy”

“Nervous”

“Anxious”

“Lacking in confidence”

But these all served a purpose for me..

And what if these labels 

Are just a warning sign that something needs to change?

Matt ‘chocoholic?’ Fruci

Two funny chocolate bar characters, one chasing, running after the other, cartoon vector illustration isolated on white background. Couple of funny chocolate characters, mascots
Posted on

Scared and anxious? Try this

Scared and anxious? Try this

I’ll admit

There was a time where I would NEVER set goals.

Never, ever…

Why?

Well, I thought it was a waste of time.

I haven’t got time to set goals and plans.

I’m too busy putting out fires and ‘getting stuff done’.

Funny part?

The reality is that setting goals just meant I had a criteria for FAILURE

^^^ read that again

It is now scary.

There will now be clear evidence

As to whether I succeed or fail.

Thing is,

As ‘scary’ as this seems?

By not setting goals you fail anyway…

Because you don’t do anything ..

We trick ourselves to think that it will help just seeing what we can do 

And getting on with stuff.

But the secret here?

Is actually being able to notice how and where you fail. 

Where setbacks come in as that is where you improve and get better.

Create strategies to overcome perceived problems and obstacles that you think are in the way

Forgetting that problems are ON the way not IN the way

^^^ read that again..

The even more exciting part?

if you are scared of doing something new …

Nervous you will fail…

That is normal..

In fact, it’s happened to me pretty much every time I have done something new (something we are doing right now…more on that soon)

But when you’re scared and anxious about something …

The research is clear.

You have to break it down to small tasks and steps. 

Now, this is NOT to make it less scary.

As there is no such thing as less scary.

But actually this allows you to start DOING.

You take ACTION….

And action leads to evidence that you can do it.

What loves evidence?

Confidence 🙂 

And that is the secret behind true transformation …

Not making things less scary,

But breaking things down so you become MORE confidence

BRAVER

Stronger

Let’s face it 

Everyone knows what to do ….

But knowing and not doing is as good as not knowing..

So that’s where we come in.

To get you to do the things you know you need to do …

Despite the belief, stories and voices in your head

That will say otherwise

Matt

Posted on

You coming? (Wednesday 7pm)

I’ll keep this one short.

I’ve had a load of interest in our brand new Summer Transformation which starts next week. 

So if you’ve been thinking about joining us, getting a personal coach and getting started?

Time to get moving 🙂

We are already near capacity…

(I mean, the results speak for themselves https://frucifit.com/who-else-wants-results-like-this/)

We’ll even be doing out first Fruci Fit Fun Event as part of this next month (first one IN PERSON since pre Covid)

Anyhoo..

I’ll be doing a ‘walkthrough’ on Wednesday 7pm showing you:

> How it all works once you join us

> What you ‘get’ when you sign up

> How to get 1-1 coaching from me

> How you can still get great results without attending sessions (transformation = habits you do daily not just when you attend a session)

> How fit you need to be to join the Fruci Fit Summer Transformation 

> Why you need to be 40+ and why this is only for women

AND YOU’LL GET TO TALK TO ME AND ASK QUESTIONS:

Go here to make sure you are in the free group where I’ll be live at 7pm on Wednesday:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/407524927211602

Matt ‘7’ Fruci

Posted on

What happened to Julia…

Meet Julia 👋 From Wiltshire. Julia joined Fruci Fit because she was “sick and tired of feeling like the fattest person in the room”.

Julia had tried all the usual stuff before but kept giving up when she was told she hadn’t ‘lost 20lbs’.

Since working with us, Julia has lost weight and inches, is stronger, fitter, has more energy and now finds her muscles no longer ache when getting up and down from the chair and climbing stairs. 

Julia has ditched the all or nothing mindset and now puts her attention on the fact her results are going in the right direction.

Well done, Julia 👏

Watch her story here

FACEBOOK

YOUTUBE

Matt

PS. Whenever you’re ready, here are 5 ways we can help you:

1- I’ve put together over 200 daily, short, impactful podcasts to inspire and motivate you on doing the things you know you need to do..

ALL for free…

>>> CLICK HERE to grab it for free (if you have an iphone)

If you have an Android, click here

2 – Join Our Signature Kickstart Programme For Wiltshire Ladies 40+ 

The Kickstart can be done from home or with us in our private ladies only studios in Marlborough and Devizes, designed for ladies 40+ that want to take back control of their eating habits, fitness and lifestyle habits.  

If you’d like more details on this? Complete this short application here

3- Join Couples Kickstart for 2 people. Specifically designed for couples or two friends who want to work together to take back control of their eating habits, fitness and lifestyle habits. 

Reply with “couples kickstart” for more info

4- Watch How Cathy, 54, From Wiltshire lost 2.5 stone, got fitter, and now feels comfortable to exercise in a non-intimidating environment >> CLICK HERE TO WATCH

5- Join our FREE Facebook group where I share meal plans, workouts and tips and tricks to get and stay in shape (specifically for ladies 40+ in the local area):

https://www.facebook.com/groups/407524927211602