Posted on

Feel like giving up? (consider this)

So we have all been there.

Feel like ‘it’s not worth the effort’

“nothing is working”

“It must be me”

I get it…

I have felt like that many times before…

Not just with fitness and food

But also public speaking job applications (applied for SOOO many graduate jobs years ago)

It’s frustrating..

But when it comes to ‘weight loss’

And ‘health’

We often go into ‘I have failed’ mode

If the scales don’t go our way…

Forgetting the FACT

That some of the ladies HERE

(many of whom who have completely transformed their body, mind and habits)

Didn’t actually lose that much weight when you look at it weekly…

Literally, they may have averaged 0.5lbs a week at times.

But you know their secret?

They found something they can do and stick to…

So there is no end point…

And you know what?

Regardless of weight loss

If you’re exercising ?

Making better choices with your food?

Not being so damn hard on yourself all of the time?

You might just find that something else changes…

Like your energy?

Blood pressure?

Sleep?

How you feel?

And I’m not too sure that there is anything more important than how you feel…

Especially as it impacts what you DO and the RESULTS you get…

I talk about this more HERE in this video 

If you’d like to carry on the conversation ☺

Let me know your thoughts in the comment! 

After all, what if you gave up today

But were just one day away from getting the results you want…?

Matt ‘one day away’ Fruci

PS. Whenever you’re ready, here’s 3 ways I can help you: 

1- I’ve put together daily, short, impactful podcasts to inspire and motivate you on doing the things you know you need to do..  

ALL for free… 

>>> CLICK HERE to grab it for free 

2 – Join Our Signature 4-Week Kickstart Coaching Programme For Ladies 40+  

Every month, I open up the opportunity to work with us inside of our ladies only 4-Week Coaching programme, designed for ladies 40+ that want to take back control of their eating habits, fitness and lifestyle habits.  

If you’d like more details on this? Just reply with the subject line ’4 Week’ and I’ll get you the details. 

3- Watch How Cassie From Wiltshire Went From Mobility Scooter To Running Her First 5k & Fitting Back In Her Favourite Clothes Without Long, Boring Workouts Or Giving Up Her Favourite Foods >> CLICK HERE TO WATCH 

Posted on

How much water should you drink?

I’ll admit, drinking water isn’t something that comes ‘naturally’ to me.

Which is probably why the ladies love the reminders I send over all day haha 

Because I get it’s an easy thing to look over or forget…

But how much should you drink?

They say 2 litres of water, right?

which as a guide is OK. If you hit that? You’re probably good.

But it depends on activity levels, weather and how much food you eat (as food contains water)…

As well as how many hot drinks you have, be it teas, herbal teas, coffees etc. (as they do all hydrate you)

But if you’re peeing clear by noon or have 3 clear wees a day, you’re probably OK

^^^ which rhymes so you can remember it 😉

What helps me is to 

have a glass of water when I wake up plus 1 before each meal (this way even if I have a busy day where I forget to drink water / I’m out and about? I’d still have drank – at the very least – some first thing in the morning.
I’ll usually have it as I make my morning coffee

Grouping new habits with something you already do might help you actually do it

Anyway, here’s 6 reasons why you SHOULD drink more water:

✅ It’s a “natural” cure for hangovers (research shows it works better than having ‘another’ to “bring you around” )

Yep, despite being call dihydrogen monoxide and sounding like a scary chemical…

Water might help you rehydrate after a night out (goes well with some eggs and bacon for some electrolytes)

✅ It might help you concentrate (so you get more done)

✅ It might help get things moving

✅ It might help with headaches

✅It might help the jeans of truth fit a bit better (if you swap liquid calories for water…or even sugar free drinks)

PLUS…

Latest Dutch research shows that…
✅100% of people who are successful have been exposed to water in their lifetime

What more proof do you need? Haha

It’s why I’m on at the ladies with reminders to get them to do the things they know they need to do …

Because by not doing these small, simple things?

Life is A LOT harder..

In terms of your energy, mood, digestion…

I could go on…

because – essentially – consider what you’re saying YES to by skipping your water today?

And as I always say (repetition is the mother of all so I will keep repeating myself)

Small habits, compound effect…

You might now see or feel ANY benefit today..

But just like the ladies like THESE HERE say when people ask them what was critical for them to be doing to

Lose the weight, get fit, feel more confident in their favourite clothes…

It’s never ONE thing…

It’s the compound effect of stacking small, daily wins…

Matt ‘waterboy’ Fruci

PS. Whenever you’re ready, here’s 3 ways I can help you:

 

1- I’ve put together daily, short, impactful podcasts to inspire and motivate you on doing the things you know you need to do.. 

ALL for free…

>>> CLICK HERE to grab it for free 

 

2 – Join Our Signature 4-Week Kickstart Coaching Programme For Ladies 40+ 

 

Every month, I open up the opportunity to work with us inside of our ladies only 4-Week Coaching programme, designed for ladies 40+ that want to take back control of their eating habits, fitness and lifestyle habits.

 

If you’d like more details on this? Just reply with the subject line ’4 Week’ and I’ll get you the details.

 

3- Watch How Cassie From Wiltshire Went From Mobility Scooter To Running Her First 5k & Fitting Back In Her Favourite Clothes Without Long, Boring Workouts Or Giving Up Her Favourite Foods >> CLICK HERE TO WATCH

Posted on

Motivation doesn’t just disappear

So my 11 month old daughter is now at the age where she is

In to EVERYTHING…

That she doesn’t have..

Basically, whatever I give to her, she doesn’t want.

Whatever I have, Mrs Fruci has, or my 2 year od daughter has?

She wants…

Now luckily, there are plenty of distractions around

That take her attention AWAY from what she wants…

But the thing about DISTRACTIONS?

It’s this exact thing that HAMPERS my progression 

And many of the ladies who come to me…

The fact that we start something off really well

But then struggle to keep going 

And often lose motivation. 

But the good news?

Your motivation doesn’t just appear and disappear…

You are motivated at the start because you put energy on it…

And then you get distracted…

It could be due to work, family, other people…

But we simply stop putting our attention on our intentions…

So what do I suggest?

I’d ask yourself a question in the morning and write this down:

“ What do I want to achieve?”

 

^^ Write this down to remind yourself of what you want and put your attention on your intentions for the day

“What am I willing to do about it TODAY?”

^^^ Write this down to put your attention on it your intentions

THEN…

At the end of the day?

Go back to what you wrote down…

And ask:

“Did you do it?”

And don’t worry if you didn’t…

Because for me?

If your attention is consistently on it?

You will eventually be 

Unable and no longer 

Willing to put up with this… 

After all…

As my coach says to me:

“YOU HAVE THE LIFE YOU’RE WILLING TO PUT UP WITH”

^^^ ouchies….

But it got me thinking, If I’m not happy right now, it’s because I’m willing to put up with it.

If I’m not confident about the way I look, it’s because I’m willing to put up with it.

​​​​If I’m not as fit as I want to be…it’s because I’m willing to put up with it. 

So what can both me and you do?

BE UNWILLING TO PUT UP WITH IT

Refuse to tolerate where you’re at any longer. 

That’s pretty much it. 

That little shift in your mindset. 

And it’s why I have levelled up our ACCOUNTABILITY programme in our Flex Shift Programme for ladies 40+

(which opens up again soon for our September programme. Reply with September if you want more info)

To remind you and support you, every single day

To help you do the things you know you need to do..

Just as Anna mentioned:

“After my initial meeting and discussion with Matt I was off, so simple and easy to follow the programmes with suddenly feeling very popular with 06.30 songs pinging on iMessage to exercise to and classes to attend physically or remotely what else could one receive, lots more:

 

Reminders to drink, Water!

Done For You Meal plans, shopping lists and a great discount off COOK Meals in Marlborough

Lovely friendly training sessions

Matt always positive and happy to help

A book to read and motivate and the support goes on and on

Raffle tickets to win prizes which we gained in the classes..”

So what am I (and Anna) saying?

You do not need to put attention on where you want to be in 1 year…

Just put attention on TODAY..

Because momentum and confidence comes

Step by step by step by step…

Matt ‘step by step’ Fruci

PS. Whenever you’re ready, here’s 3 ways I can help you:

 

1- I’ve put together daily, short, impactful podcasts to inspire and motivate you on doing the things you know you need to do.. 

ALL for free…

>>> CLICK HERE to grab it for free 

 

2 – Join Our Signature 4-Week Kickstart Coaching Programme For Ladies 40+ 

 

Every month, I open up the opportunity to work with us inside of our ladies only 4-Week Coaching programme, designed for ladies 40+ that want to take back control of their eating habits, fitness and lifestyle habits.

 

If you’d like more details on this? Just reply with the subject line ’4 Week’ and I’ll get you the details.

 

3- Watch How Cassie From Wiltshire Went From Mobility Scooter To Running Her First 5k & Fitting Back In Her Favourite Clothes Without Long, Boring Workouts Or Giving Up Her Favourite Foods >> CLICK HERE TO WATCH

Posted on

Does ‘being good’ cause the ‘bad’?

Have you ever had that ‘one’ last blowout on all the foods you love before starting a new diet?
​​​​
Me, too…

And it’s like some of the ladies telling me how they’ve just got rid of their kids chocolates

(by eating them)

and they say things like:

‘I’ll have to have to get rid of all of the chocolates in the cupboard before I start, Matt”…​​​​

You see, you are NOT ALONE..

even though you probably know from reading my stuff that NO FOOD IS OFF LIMITS…

It is only human nature to associate a new diet with scarcity / deprivation.

​​Which results in you thinking that you need to stock up.

They term it ‘The Last Supper Effect”

​​With research showing that when they tell people that they are about to go on a diet?

​​they gain weight in the time they were told about the diet and the time to start.

So where does this come from?

Well, it’s the ‘diet’ culture.

They tell you to restrict certain foods. That foods are bad.

That you have to suffer…​​

So what’s the way around this?

Well, the research shows to STOP restricting foods.

(for most people)​​

The most ironic part for me is how restricting so called ‘bad’ foods to be healthier…

results in behaviours, like binging, which are actually worse for your health…

​​In fact, some of the ladies I work with have mentioned that until they actually did a diet like Slimfast

they didn’t actually have an issue with food…

Now, when they diet they want to eat anything and everything…

Even foods they wouldn’t normally eat…

And I’m not saying this whole thing is easy..

But it doesn’t have to be harder than it needs to me…

In my opinion?

Well, through working with hundreds of ladies like these HERE

The ones that get the best results are the ones that understand it is ok to not be perfect

and don’t let that derail their day, week and month​​​​…

And what I will say, 

is one of the differences between people who get great results and people who don’t is 

speed of execution 

AKA 

how quickly someone does something with information..

one of the easiest ways to do this?

make the steps REALLY SMALL.

So rather than saying 

“I want to give up bread because it bloats me” Like many say…

Why not start by not having it on a Monday?

Easy?

Well, try it…

How do you feel?

What did you have instead?

Did it mean you had more veggies? Some salad? More protein? Were you more full up?

It makes it A LOT easier to do when you break it down to what you can DO TODAY…

Because even if it is not a ground-breaking change, making a small step is STILL putting your attention on it.

which for me?

Is huge…

because it puts your attention on what you want to do AKA get control of your food, tone up, get fit etc…

and momentum (which builds confidence)

comes from small, daily, actionable steps (not huge ones)

as when you forget this?

Well, it’s like me forgetting our wedding anniversary

You’re in trouble haha

​​​​​​​​Matt ‘last supper’ Fruci

PS. Whenever you’re ready, here’s 3 ways I can help you:

 

1- I’ve put together daily, short, impactful podcasts to inspire and motivate you on doing the things you know you need to do.. 

ALL for free…

>>> CLICK HERE to grab it for free 

 

2 – Join Our Signature 4-Week Kickstart Coaching Programme For Ladies 40+ 

 

Every month, I open up the opportunity to work with us inside of our ladies only 4-Week Coaching programme, designed for ladies 40+ that want to take back control of their eating habits, fitness and lifestyle habits.

 

If you’d like more details on this? Just reply with the subject line ’4 Week’ and I’ll get you the details.

 

3- Watch How Cassie From Wiltshire Went From Mobility Scooter To Running Her First 5k & Fitting Back In Her Favourite Clothes Without Long, Boring Workouts Or Giving Up Her Favourite Foods >> CLICK HERE TO WATCH

Posted on

Is fruit full of sugar?

‘I love eating fruit. Is there such a thing as eating too much fruit?’

^^^ Question I got this week

And the answer?

Yes…

And

No!

Because it depends what the alternative is….

I mean, in general if you go from eating, say 1 piece of fruit per day to 2/3 pieces…

You’ll probably feel more full up

More satisfied.

And end up eating less of something that is higher in calories (like cake…)

Which might stopping you from getting in shape..

But there’s more.

People who increase their fruit (and veg) intake to 5 per day often see:

* Reductions in ‘bad’ cholesterol and heart disease risk

* Reduced risk of cancer 

* Reduced risk of Type 2 diabetes

BUT…

As with most things

Too much isn’t necessarily a good thing.

And with the above benefits you can get from eating more fruit (weight loss and reduced risk of disease)

Just simply eating more and more thinking that you’ll get more benefits probably isn’t going to be the case.

Particularly as many of the benefits will coming from the VEG, too.

So, why does fruit get some bad name?

1. ‘Fruit contains a sugar called fructose. Fructose is converted to fat’

Fruit does contain fructose which can only be ‘stored’ in the liver.

Now, the sugar found in potatoes, rice, and pasta (glucose)

Can be stored in the liver and all of your muscles (which are burning the sugar up everyday when you exercise, right?)

So, we MAY not handle fructose as well as glucose

 (which is why you’ll often hear people say that ‘fruit makes you fat’…I’m not too sure on that one…)

Thing is, they fail to consider that fruit is not JUST fructose…

It also contains glucose and FIBRE (unless you do juicing…)

2. ‘High fructose corn syrup makes you fat’

Also known as glucose-fructose syrup on food labels…

^^^ Be careful in those American Food isles…

It’s found in your full-sugar fizzy drinks (not the diet ones)

They add the FRUCTOSE to the glucose because it’s sweeter and cheaper.

And this can make you HUNGRY and craving more FOOD

^^ So we eat more and buy more of these delicious treat!

Does this mean fruit is making us fat?

No.

Because with fruit, we get the fibre, vitamins, minerals…

AKA…The roughage (which helps you poop) along with a bit of fructose

And this keeps us full and more satisfied (so you are less likely to overeat)

3. The ‘Detox smoothie’ Craze!

Put simply…

Try eating two handfuls of blueberries, 2 handfuls of grapes, and 1 banana.

Then wash this down with a glass of milk and a yoghurt.

Notice how long this takes you to eat.

How satisfied you feel.

Now, blend all the above…

^^^ Let me know if you actually do this (try it for the next two consecutive days at breakfast!)

And notice how long this takes you to DRINK.

How satisfied you feel.

For the record…

That’s about 56 g of sugar in just one of these smoothies!

And one Dairy Milk (caramel, obviously) has 24 g of sugar

^^^ I’m not saying eat Dairy Milks instead (as it won’t have the vitamins and goodness of the fruit) 

BUT…it’s context which is key!

In summary…

You can overeat on fruit

^^^ ‘Pick one, eat four’ my dad would teach me when strawberry picking

IF…

It means you overeat carbs, sugar and calories across the day / week!

So consider whether all your carbs are coming from fruit.

Did you even know that fruit was a carb?

How much veg you are eating?

Matt ‘pick one, eat four’ Fruci

Posted on

How to sleep like a baby (7 ways)

So we went camping at Savernake over the weekend with the babies…

It was almost a bit of trial to see how they did

Before committing to a camping holiday next year….

And

Apart from the fact I missed my comfy bed, face mask, shower, and morning espresso..

Oh – and the fact I couldn’t fold the tent up to take it home which caused ULTIMATE stress haha

I actually really enjoyed it..

But one thing I noticed is just how relaxed and sleepy you get 

Even at 9pm…

Well, apart from our 2 year old, running in and out of the tent saying:

“Bed time….oh I’m awake now” haha

But back to my point…

The lack of technology before bed

The fact you give yourself a few hours to relax and sit

The fresh air

The natural lighting dimming down

The sound of the birds and toddlers running around screaming…

I was literally ready for bed by 9pm..

And on the topic of sleep, it’s no secret that a lack of sleep and generally feeling tired can make those energy dips even worse..

Leading to a ‘perception’ that we need a boost through food 

(which isn’t actually always the case)

Leading to a ‘perception’ that those cakes and biscuits left around will give you a higher reward that they actually do. 

You only have to look at the link between insomnia and obesity to see this. 

And on that note, here’s 7 things you can do that might help your sleep:

1)Focus on your breathing before bed – 

Even if it’s just for 1 minute. Try 4 breaths in and 6 breaths out. If you notice your mind wonder? don’t worry. Just come back in and focus on counting your breaths. Struggle with this? Try the app, Headspace, even for 3 minutes. 

Thing is, if you focus on trying to get to sleep and getting frustrated? That’s what you’ll get it. 

We become obsessed with why we are NOT falling to sleep going to sleep..

So you have to put your attention on something else.  

2) Drink a hot decaffeinated drink before bed – hot milk, camomile tea, peppermint tea 

3) Don’t drink too much (wine included) before bed – 

Now, this might seem to contradict point 2, but if you find yourself up in the middle of the night at 323am needing a wee? This might help. 

Magnesium citrate MAY help with a weak bladder, too . 

4) Eat CARBS before bed / with your evening meal – 

I know, I know. Completely against what you’ve heard in the past about it being stored as fat. 

But carbs may actually help you sleep (just remember that overall calories are king when it comes to weight loss…so perhaps save some carbs for later)

5) Avoid TV / phones / emails too close to bed – The blue light from screens can make your body think it’s day time and stop you producing the hormones that help wind you down for sleep and help you recover. 

6) Be Regular – go to bed and get up at the same time each day

7) Do some exercise – There’s no perfect time for it. Try getting some light in your day. A walk at lunch time. 

Park further away (in fact, daily movement that you do as part of your day is so underestimated in weight loss FULL STOP)

Unfortunately, sleep is something that you just can’t get around. 

I’m an early bird so unless I get to bed early?

I’m ratty the next day

And I just can’t give the best version of me (which then pi33es me off)

So I have to set some rules about logging off of emails / social media or I’ll find myself scrolling in bed, struggling to get to sleep as my brain goes in to overdrive about new ideas and things I can add in to our Shift Programme . 

Or worse?

I just start making up loads of worries. ​​​​That when I dig deeper, are totally made up by me and do not even exist. 

After all, its never ‘the thing’ that causes you stress, but rather your thoughts about ‘the thing’ 

AKA 

you make it scarier than it actually is with your imaginative brain.

But remember this:

Everything you have ever done was less scary after you did it…

Matt ‘sleeping beauty’ Fruci

PS. Whenever you’re ready, here’s 3 ways I can help you:

 

1- I’ve put together daily, short, impactful podcasts to inspire and motivate you on doing the things you know you need to do.. 

ALL for free…

>>> CLICK HERE to grab it for free 

 

2 – Join Our Signature 4-Week Kickstart Coaching Programme For Ladies 40+ 

 

Every month, I open up the opportunity to work with us inside of our ladies only 4-Week Coaching programme, designed for ladies 40+ that want to take back control of their eating habits, fitness and lifestyle habits.

 

If you’d like more details on this? Just reply with the subject line ’4 Week’ and I’ll get you the details.

 

3- Watch How Cassie From Wiltshire Went From Mobility Scooter To Running Her First 5k & Fitting Back In Her Favourite Clothes Without Long, Boring Workouts Or Giving Up Her Favourite Foods >> CLICK HERE TO WATCH

Posted on

Only 13% actually do this

No, I’m talking about the fact

13% of people actually like going to work.

(which could be the cause of many issues, including happiness…) 

But I’m actually talking about the fact

Only 13% of people hit the higher recommended target intake of protein (1.2g of protein per kg of bodyweight)

To help you reduce your risk of muscle loss, strength and ultimately 

Loss of independence as we age…

Which are all things that will make us feel better.

And – ultimately – this is the thing that most of the ladies come to me saying they want..

To feel better…

And if you’re thinking it’s too late?

I’ll quote my brother-in- law who actually studies this stuff (healthy ageing)

“There’s no better time to start than NOW, regardless of age. And the earlier you start, the better” 

^^^ Referring to protein and muscle strengthening exercises

Because ultimately 

I get that it might seem like effort to do TODAY…

But we often forget about the cost of INACTION…

AKA

If you do nothing?

What happens?

To your health?

Muscle, strength, fitness, wellbeing, independence? 

I know this sounds a bit deep.

But 

It’s going into this area.

That reminds me of my WHY.

And I get a lot of leverage and motivation here

(something many of the ladies I work with struggle with)

That I want to be there for my kids…

And family..

And have soooo many things I want to do in life

In work, with family…

This isn’t just about looking better (which is nice, too)

But about doing the things I want to do 

And being grateful for the CHOICES that I get to make today…

And – sure – some things you cannot control…

Life can throw 💩 at you…

Out of the blue

I get that from losing my mum at an early age.

But I’d rather not have any regrets.

Do what I can today 

To be more productive so I have more time to spend time with my kids

To be fitter so I have the energy to do the things I want to do

To create space, mentally, to handle problems that arise every, single day.

To have the confidence (that comes from doing) to SHOW (rather than tell) 

My kids how to be happy…

(which is all that really matters)

Wow

Bit of a tangent right there

All stemming from protein haha

But I hope you get my point

Matt ‘protein’ Fruci

PS. Whenever you’re ready, here’s 3 ways I can help you:

 

1- I’ve put together daily, short, impactful podcasts to inspire and motivate you on doing the things you know you need to do.. 

ALL for free…

>>> CLICK HERE to grab it for free 

 

2 – Join Our Signature 4-Week Kickstart Coaching Programme For Ladies 40+ 

 

Every month, I open up the opportunity to work with us inside of our ladies only 4-Week Coaching programme, designed for ladies 40+ that want to take back control of their eating habits, fitness and lifestyle habits.

 

If you’d like more details on this? Just reply with the subject line ’4 Week’ and I’ll get you the details.

 

3- Watch How Cassie From Wiltshire Went From Mobility Scooter To Running Her First 5k & Fitting Back In Her Favourite Clothes Without Long, Boring Workouts Or Giving Up Her Favourite Foods >> CLICK HERE TO WATCH

Posted on

Not such a good idea after all…

So we went for a picnic last week 

One the beach in Weymouth…

Sounded like such a good idea at the time…

Sun was out…

Sandy beach…

Kids having a great time…

Just beautiful …

We originally sat on the benches on the pavement near the beach

But couldn’t resist the lure of the beach…

we’re not at the beach often after all…

Thing is though…

When you’re eating with two toddlers..

It doesn’t take long before

The houmous is seasoned with sand

The guacamole is tasting grainier by the mouthful

And the chicken now looks like it’s deep fried…in sand haha

But here’s the thing…

If we would have just settled for having the picnic on the benches?

I would have spent the whole time 

Complaining to Mrs Fruci

That we should have had the picnic on the beach.

The fear of missing out they call it…

Grass is greener on the other side, they say…

So why am I sharing this with you?

Well, it reminds of what we do when it comes to 

getting in shape, dropping a dress size (or 2) and improving your fitness…

We also think about what would be ‘the best’ diet

The ‘best’ fitness programme..

And worry that if we do one diet

That we might have wasted our time 

Wondering if we should have tried the one our friend was doing…

Thing is though

Is that all this does is 

Make us procrastinate and delays us taking action…

You see, when you take action and DO

You start to learn what DOES work

But – more importantly – what does NOT work..

Why is this more important? 

Well, you then get clarity and certainty (which we are all secretly seeking) 

In what we are doing..

So instead of sitting there wishing that I was having a picnic on the beach whislt sitting on the bench?

Next time I won’t be so bothered about it…and might just enjoy my food on a bench or put down 25 towels haha

Just like one of the ladies said to me this week

After trying a low carb diet and losing a ton of weight.

She put a bit back on and found it VERY hard..

But what has she taken from it?

Well, she can use it as a ‘tool in the toolbox’

To help her hunger (as she didn’t have to snack and reduced her calories so she could enjoy her food eating out at the weekend)

So was it time wasted even though she put some weight back on?

Of course not…

She now has clarity and more certainty on what works for her.

So I’ll finish with this

All I can say is 

That the only thing I can give you certainty about

Is that if you do nothing?

Nothing will change for the better.

Matt ‘certainty’ Fruci

PS. Whenever you’re ready, here’s 3 ways I can help you:

 

1- I’ve put together daily, short, impactful podcasts to inspire and motivate you on doing the things you know you need to do.. 

ALL for free…

>>> CLICK HERE to grab it for free 

 

2 – Join Our Signature 4-Week Kickstart Coaching Programme For Ladies 40+ 

 

Every month, I open up the opportunity to work with us inside of our ladies only 4-Week Coaching programme, designed for ladies 40+ that want to take back control of their eating habits, fitness and lifestyle habits.

 

If you’d like more details on this? Just reply with the subject line ’4 Week’ and I’ll get you the details.

 

3- Watch How Cassie From Wiltshire Went From Mobility Scooter To Running Her First 5k & Fitting Back In Her Favourite Clothes Without Long, Boring Workouts Or Giving Up Her Favourite Foods >> CLICK HERE TO WATCH

Posted on

Eat more to tone up?

So, one thing I noticed when taking my daughter to Cotswold Wildlife Park earlier in the year

was that the goats are CONSTANTLY on the lookout for food. 

And – it seemed like – they were being fed  & eating all day…

I guess it’s like what happens when we go to an all you can eat buffet, right?

You see, when trying to lose weight, hunger can make it more difficult. 

And it’s why the science has looked at this and found what the most filling foods are:

* Protein

* Fibre / veggies

* High volume foods that contain a lot of water like soups, protein shakes and stews

You see, you may have heard ‘nutrition’ / weight loss gurus / and even me, say this:

“Eat more and lose weight” 

Now, without any context…

this is completely WRONG. 

Because if you eat too many calories, you will not lose weight…

But if you ‘eat more’ of the super filling, higher volume foods (like the ones above)?

You will feel like you are more full up and satisfied and ‘feel’ like you are ‘eating more’…

Now you may be eating more volume of food (which looks like a lot)? 

But to lose weight / fat this still means lower calories.

Example:

I could have a Fudge Hot Chocolate and a some caramel shortbread at 600 calories and feel starving an hour or so later. 

Switch this for a skinny latte (which is 150 calories) and then have, say, a chicken fajita wrap (300 calories) and I’m at around 450 calories 

And have satisfied my hunger..

You’ll feel like you are ‘eating more and losing weight’ because you have more food volume 

but lower calories. 

So going back to the story of the ‘greedy goats’…

my point is that it can be misleading to follow your hunger signals…

because certain types of foods can keep you fuller than others even though the calories are the same.

Just like, when someone brings a cake into the office because it is FRIDAY and 

you feel ‘hungry’ all of a sudden…haha

You see, you cannot really expect your hunger signal to tell you to stop eating cake…

It’s bloody delicious…

If I listen to my body?

I will eat the whole thing haha

So rather? 

Just be aware of this. Enjoy when you CHOOSE to have it 

And know that you are making a choice to do this.

And you will need to make conscious decision to choose how much you eat.

BUT…

THERE IS research that eating more calories can help with WEIGHT loss..

When?

Well, ​​​2 scenarios:

1) If someone has been dieting for a while, going through a stressful period etc.. and increases calories…

​​This can actually decrease water retention and help with weight loss

2) Eating more calories may help someone STICK to the diet for longer, which means they get better results 

​​So rather than trying to eat 1000 calories for a few days then blowing out for the rest of the week​​​​, averaging out at 3000 a day even though they ‘stuck to 1000 calories’ on 3 days….

They actually give themselves MORE food and calories

So that they:

1 Don’t feel the need to binge

2 Avoid the on/off F it mindset when they have weekends and social events

3 Get clarity on what actually works or doesn’t work FOR YOU – as otherwise you just keep stopping and starting. 

This way, you can actually see what your body does by eating certain amounts of foods..

So, yes…

You can lose weight by eating more..

But – as always – it depends on YOU…

What you eat, your lifestyle, and 

What you are willing to do 

TODAY

To get the results you say you want.

So I guess you could say

That life is a game of choices…

And you are in control…

Matt ‘goat to be kidding me’ Fruci

PS. Whenever you’re ready, here’s 3 ways I can help you:

 

1- I’ve put together daily, short, impactful podcasts to inspire and motivate you on doing the things you know you need to do.. 

ALL for free…

>>> CLICK HERE to grab it for free 

 

2 – Join Our Signature 4-Week Kickstart Coaching Programme For Ladies 40+ 

 

Every month, I open up the opportunity to work with us inside of our ladies only 4-Week Coaching programme, designed for ladies 40+ that want to take back control of their eating habits, fitness and lifestyle habits.

 

If you’d like more details on this? Just reply with the subject line ’4 Week’ and I’ll get you the details.

 

3- Watch How Cassie From Wiltshire Went From Mobility Scooter To Running Her First 5k & Fitting Back In Her Favourite Clothes Without Long, Boring Workouts Or Giving Up Her Favourite Foods >> CLICK HERE TO WATCH