I confess…I only did this for a day.
You see, a one to one client I work with (who’s transformation is over at the bottom of this page here)
Has been doing Ramadan for the last month (this means no water or food between 2:50am and 930pm) before they break their fast with a date and then…a curry!!
Despite this, we’ve been training and balancing their nutritional strategy to fit this and his work (he was so hungry one night… he ate super noodles with his curry 😉
BUT…I like to really understand what you’re going through (as this is personalised nutrition after all…)
So rightly or wrong…(or stupidly as they told me)… I decided to do it, too (just for a day)
No food or drink for 24 hours (as I went to bed early…)
1) I was thinking about food all of the food I wanted to eat
2) I had no energy to train (my tank was empty)
3) Nearly stole some of my daughters sweet potato and avocado baby food…
4) Was irritable and a bit grumpy (H-angry…as Mrs Fruci would call me)
And it’s a bit like what happens when you SUDDENLY go on one of those quick fix detox diets…
You start fantasising about the all the delicious food you once ate << which makes you want it more…
You get frustrated >>> end up binging >>> and it’s the old ‘I have no willpower” / start again on Monday..
And if this sounds family to you then what you’re doing probably isn’t fit for your lifestyle.
And if you can’t see yourself doing what you’re doing in 3 months, 6 months or 12 months…are you setting yourself up for failure?
Now, there is another side to this story…
1) My client said to me that after a few days you will get used to it <<< suggesting that it may be that we give up too soon and don’t give things enough time? I get that it’s hard to do in this ‘wifi’, Amazon Prime, next day delivery society…
2) I’ve never appreciated a glass of water like I did on that evening at 930pm when I broke my fast <<< and this is coming from ME…someone who’s admitted in the past that he hates water!
What I’m leading up to is this:
Sometimes, you fail on your diet because it just wasn’t built for your lifestyle. Maybe you don’t like porridge for breakfast? Maybe you want to have larger dinner when you sit down with your family?
Sometimes, you fail on your diet because you just don’t give it enough time…you need the support, expert advice from a Registered Nutritionist and accountability to keep you on track so you can level up your energy, lose weight and feel more confident in your favourite clothes.
And this is why I don’t do cookie-cutter diets…
I meet you where you’re at…
whether you’re a self confessed ‘techno-phobe’ who wants everything on paper…or someone who works shift patterns, has busy weekends or has to put together meals that the whole family will eat but won’t stop you getting your body back
And I’m offering you the opportunity to learn more about our Fat Loss Mastery Body Transformation Programme with a 7-day trial to see if we’d be a good fit to work together.
Learn more here: https://frucifit.com/augustchallenge/
Putting The ‘U’ Back Into Nutrition